Monday, May 4

Long time, no update

Winter but a bit of a delay on everything. It was just too cold and snowy to be able to work on the car as we do not have a heated garage or anything.

Well, yesterday, I bought myself a 1992 Geo Metro Convertible. This car is in better shape than the 91 that we were originally going to restore. This is my car, so I am temporarily hijacking this blog to document the repair of my own car!

I saw the car when Chris and I were driving up to a BBQ, and we stopped on the way back. Surprisingly enough, the owners of the dealer were still there, and so I was able to purchase the car on the spot. Score! It is in excellent shape....apart from the rocker panels, which have the typical rot issues. Chris is going to repair them for me. The top is in excellent shape. As are the front and rear ends.

As this is mine, I will be painting it Plum Crazy Purple (Mopar). It is getting the GTi body kit we bought for the other one, as well as the GTi seats (don't I have an awesome bf...willing to give up his precious parts for me!).

Right now, the top priority is getting the car safe and cleaned up. More pics will come as progress is made!

2 comments:

  1. How is this restoration project doing? Do you already have complete parts of it? I am getting excited to see the photos soon, I hope. Good luck with the restoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=43375 is where you will find a complete build thread of my 1992 Geo Metro that took precedence over the 91.

    ReplyDelete