Sunday, November 16

In the beginning...



Hi, my name is Amber, and I am starting this blog to document the restoration of a Geo Metro Convertible. A guest blogger will be Chris, my boyfriend, and the skills behind this restoration.


The project is a 1991 Geo Metro Convertible that was purchased by Chris for $300 a couple years ago. At the time, the car ran excellent and was a reliable daily driver, that not only was fun to drive, but was also economical. How many other cars, much less convertibles, get 40-50mpg? In it's prior life, it was a tow behind for a motor home. Over time, the car began to rot away, and lost compression in two cylinders, so it was parked, awaiting it's fate. Would it go to the scrap heap? Or would it live on in the future?

Well, we decided to resurrect it. Why you may ask? Well, because it is a fuel efficient little two seater that you just don't see everyday. Eventually, it will go to car shows as my little showpiece.

When it was parked, it had no compression in one cylinder, and half the compression in another, and the third one was fine. The frame was rotting away to nothingness, making the car unsafe to drive. As winter was coming, we were undecided what to do. However, we found that these Metrovertibles are fairly rare, and have made the decision to do a full restoration.



4 comments:

  1. how did this all turn out in the end. I have a 91 metro convertable and would like to fix it up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out Teamswift.net and there is a TON of information about restorations. My project thread is http://teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=43375

    We didn't end up restoring this car, instead we did a 92 Metro Vert. This car is still in the same condition, but someday hopefully it will be restored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      A few years ago I picked up a 91 firefly convertable
      My question can I repaint the vinyl roof and if so with what exact product

      Thanks
      Tony

      Delete
  3. I would highly recommend Le_ meridian funding services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Le meridian funding service is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete